| 18.41sq miles km²|
18.41 sq miles km²
–Total (as of 2009)
| Time zone|
| Moutain (UTC)|
|Official website: http://www.orem.org|
The City of Orem is one of Utah's largest cities (ranking #5 in pop.)
Orem is located on a shelf on the side of Timpanogos Mountain. Altitude is 4,771 feet ASL.
Main produce was stuff such as apples, cherries and strawberries.
For decades, Orem was not an official city and was just called Provo Bench. However, in 1919, people in Orem wanted to make it a city. The idea for the name Orem was not because of religion or politics or after important people in the town. It was named so as a economical boost. Walter C. Orem, from California, was making a RR track from Salt Lake City to Provo. The city fathers of Orem named the city after him to flatter him, hoping that by doing so he would build the train through Orem, thus making an easy way for the farmers to sell and ship their produce. And he did.
Other places named OremEdit
- (please click to visit or start page)
- Accommodation (Hotels, bed&breakfast, motels, camping grounds?)
- Bargains (Where can frugal people buy cheaply?)
- Children's activities
- Orem:Religion - Orem is primarily Mormon.
- Current events
- Downtown (Or CBD or "City centre")
- Food and drink
- Geography (Rivers, mountains, suburbs, localities)
- Government ("Who ya gonna call" if there's a fountain flooding the road?)
- Hospitals (And other medical resources?)
- Media (TV, radio, newspapers)
- Natives (Locally or nationally famous people born in Orem)
- Orem:Organisations - Timapnogos Story telling Festival: Labor Day Weekend
- Pioneers (Who came first?)
- Prominent people (Which residents have been in the public eye?)
- Sustainability (Environment and conservation)
- Tertiary education
- Orem:Theaters - Scera Movie Theater|Cinamark
- Transportation (Bus, cycleway, ferry, motorway, taxi-cab, train)
- Trivia (nicknames, slogan, symbols?)
- Utilities (Electricity, gas, phone, water)
|This article is a stub. Please help Cities Wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, and improving existing text.